Friday, February 29, 2008

Starting to Get a Little Scary

I can confidently say I'm playing better poker than I ever have at every game I choose to play. At the same time, I've never been more unsuccessful. I've had a run of bad beats that would shake the emotions of Paradise Poker's 40/80 bots. This game has taken a toll on me over the past month. After a couple very nice wins in January and lots of successful, yet not huge results, things have turned quite sour. I'm stressed out from all the bad beats even though I shouldn't be. Bad beats are just a sign you are playing better. When I continue to get deep in tournaments or lose enormous pots when I'm way ahead, it takes an emotional toll. Then if I go play a cash game or sit n go or heads up tournament or live tournament the same thing happens.

I went to the Wynn tonight and looked down at AJ with about 3500 chips left with 100/200 blinds. After raising to 600 and having the big blind call, flop came down AJ7 rainbow. I bet 700 and was check raised all in and instacalled. J7 was shown by the other player and the 7 on the turn was about the straw that broke the camel's back.

How can I complain so much I know, but seriously, it's getting a little out of hand. I've read articles about how great tournament players can go long periods in the red and never have that big win. I mean I don't know how someone can handle that and maybe that's why being a professional poker player is a huge risk.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When is it time to call Abby?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

I believe that David Archuleta is a lock to win American Idol this year, he is that good and everyone like him. What one guy and one girl will give him the most competition?