Friday, February 1, 2008

I'm an Uncle, LOST, Super Bowl


Alyssa Catherine Iacofano
Born: Thursday January 31, 2008 at 3:55 P.M.
18 inches, 6 1/2 pounds!!



Congratulations to Mark and Angel on their first child, a beautiful daughter. I really wish I could have been there, but this was a little bit earlier than the Feb 17th due date and trying to guess is birth is just about impossible. I'll be heading back to Cleveland after my Chicago visit after Valentine's Day to see my new niece and I'm excited. This is my first niece or nephew and I couldn't be happier for Mark and Angel. I was so excited when I heard some of the early news in the day and when Shrub called and told me it was a girl, I almost broke down crying. It was really quite unreal to be honest and I can't wait to see her.


LOST (spoiler alert)

That started off a great day and LOST closed it out. What a great start to the season. The main characters all have to choose sides between the man of faith and the man of science. Furthermore, we find out that there is an Oceanic Six that have apparently done something that involved leaving people behind in some way. Now we have to guess who did what and how it all happened. Jack appears to have been the leader of something terrible in order to get off the island. I'm just going to go through a couple of points.

1. The Oceanic Six-- We are supposed to assume that Kate, Jack and Hurley are three of these people, yet Kate was a wanted fugitive. With all the press that she would be given, there is no way she would be as free as she looked in the season 3 finale. So I'm thinking it's possible that there are 4 other people besides Hurley and Jack. I'm almost positive we will find out at least one of these people in the next couple of weeks because that story will develop and be the whole series. The writer's strike though will really put a damper on this show if it isn't resolved soon. This season can't stop right in the middle after 8 episodes and I really miss the podcasts Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse would normally do after every new episode.

2. What really happened to get off the island? It appears that Jack may be a fake hero now. If you guys remember in the season 3 finale, the new chief of surgery says to Jack "the hero, twice over" meaning that Jack is perceived as a hero to the outside world still. I'm guessing that Season 4 will give us the answer to what really happened and the rest of the show will be resolving that because Jack will have to fix it if his character stays true to form.

3. Jacob--As my last post gave a link (a faulty one and I apologize about that, but I added one that worked under it), Christian Sheperd, Jack's dad shows up at the very beginning of the series. He showed up last night too in Jacob's house when Hurley peered in. I don't really have any explanations for this at all to be completely honest and am looking forward to what happens. Jacob is still a huge mystery to the show but probably has almost everything to do with a lot of the mysteries, appearances and phenomena that the occur in the show.

4. Naomi--Why would she protect the people on the island when one of them stabbed her? Is tell my sister I love her a code word for they know you guys aren't here to rescue Desmond.

5. Next week's episode title --"Confirmed Dead" I can't wait for this episode, and I don't even know who this would refer to, but I have to imagine it has something to do with the shipwreck that was found and has been the subject of the whole find 815 side story going on. If you haven't checked this out, go search it on lostpedia and read through the articles and watch some of the videos. It is basically the side story that leads to the finding of the Oceanic 815 wreckage. My prediction is that there will be some revelation as to this incident.


SUPER BOWL

Sunday will be that time of year when we can all crown a champion in the great sport of football. I don't think this game is complex. Whoever wins between NE offensive line and NYG Defensive line will win the football game hands down. I'm taking the Giants with the 12 points, but I still like the Patriots to win the game. I don't think any team playing as well as the Giants should ever be 12 point underdogs in a fair surface football game. This team has won 10 straight road games including 3 straight road playoff games against TB, GB, and Dallas. The have consistently done things to make them win and when you have a team that does that, you can't give them 12 points. I still think the Giants are the sucker bet of the year, however, so I'm not going to bet too much, but I'll drive to Red Rock today I think and fire up a bet. NE is going for history and I really don't see them not getting it, but Brady has looked shaky the last two weeks and if the D line can get to him and rattle him, they might be able to force a big turnover in this game.

I'll give you all an update after the Sunday tournaments that I will be playing, but I'm probably going to play a lot less volume during the game, so I might play the big tournament on Full Tilt, UB, and Pokerstars along with some of the early in the day tournaments.

1 comment:

michaelz6 said...

Hey Mark, youre looking a little tired lately.