Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Not such a Super Tuesday

Let's sum up the poker day

1. I blew off 2k before the rebuy hour was over at the Venetian and just decided to give up. Open ended straight flush draws no good. Gambling Gods in the worst gambling game in history PL Omaha were not on my side. I do have a good note to end this poker post. I am up around $900 in online PL Omaha cash games. I really felt like if I could get chips past this rebuy hour I could play my normal strategy and do well in this tournament. With a small field of around 70-80, I liked my chances. Then I gambled 3 stacks away and failed. Better luck tomorrow in the $330.

2. I had a great stack in the 100 rebuy on Pokerstars (one of my goals this year is to win this tournament). I blew up this stack in a period of about 3 hands all to the same guy. When I was in the top 8 in chips with about 50 to go, I picked up AQ in late position. A short stack with about 20k in chips raises to 4k. I decide that I'm ahead of his range and I'll go for it with this hand. I reraise to about 11.5k i think. He flat calls leaving himself around 9k. So this is a stop n go play by any normal player in this game. Flop is K x x. He moves all in, so I think I have to call here and he shows K 10 off!!!!!!!!!!!! GBAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Then I raised in late position on this same players BB when I had 55. flop A 8 3. I continuation bet here after disconnect probably gave this idiot a reason to try to outplay and I lost. Then I blew up miraculous with AJ on a K J 5 Q x board when he had 55 gg me I suck blahhhhhhh.


Note the labels that I decided to use for this post. Labels are supposed to attract searches to your blog so people can read about me sucking. I'm sure they all want to read about that.


On that note, I will be happy to play tomorrow and continue my current run. I'm due in this tournament right?


I'm watching Super Tuesday wrap up and there is time to take some questions:

Mike K. writes??

"With Mitt Romney and Mike Huckabee losing to John McCain going into Super Tuesday, what will the two trailing candidates have to do to capture the minds of the republican voters? Also, do you think the fact that John McCain was held captive for 5 years while a soldier in Vietnam, has given him a distorted judgment on the issue of war?"

There is no way Mike K. knows John McCain was held captive for 5 years, so I call out this impostor. I don't think there is anything Romney or Huckabee can too and judging by the results today, McCain is a lock. Was Romney flying planes in Independence Day? (stolen from Tyler) So the answer is there is nothing they can do because the picture of Republicans today needs to change and the moderate Republicans know that. They will no longer go along with the far right of their party.

The second part of the question is a good one. I think McCain is a tough man based on hearing his story of being held captive, but wouldn't being held captive make you more careful when making decisions about war. He didn't appear to be careful in regards to Iraq. So do I think he's war hungry? No, I don't really think that either. To be honest, I don't know where he stands on war, Iraq, Iran, and such..hmmmmmmmm. You might have a point Mike K.

Mike Z. writes

What are the chances that the previous question was actually written by Mike Klima? Specifically, is there a better chance that Klima wrote that post, or that the Republican v. Democrat nominations are Dennis Kucinich v. Ron Paul?

There really isn't a chance Mike. If Mike Klima thought up and wrote that question, he has either fooled us for 10 years straight or we are all dead. There is a better chance that the Patriots just won the Super Bowl this year than that question being from Mike K. Kucinich vs Paul? I think Paul would win because Cleveland can't win anything.

No comments: