Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Have No Fear

Have no fear people, I'm ok and mentally stable. I appreciate all the concern from people, but that blog was a frustrated, candid vent. Any random poker player can tell you lies about how great they do all the time, but it's impossible to always win in a game that has so much chance involved. Looking over the long term is how you must view your success. Some days are extremely tough, but others are a lot of fun, challenging, strategic, and refreshing. When I wake up in the morning though, I always have the desire to try another tournament. Today though, I didn't play until late into the night when I decided to play only one solid tournament on Pokerstars. I cashed in the tournament, so I can't complain although I just lost a big race in the money for a lot of chips. I'm playing the first event of the Wynn Classic tomorrow if I can get the computer guy to fix my computer quickly.


I've watched the show In Treatment on HBO and all the episodes over the past week. I've really enjoyed this show. If you haven't watched it, I would recommend it for a few reasons. First, I think it's very believable and realistic. Secondly, it's intense, but not in the usual manner of today's shows. It's extremely intimate conversation about 4 different patients on each day of the week, then the fifth day is the shrink seeing a shrink. They have been playing every day and are on HBO On Demand.

So far my favorites are in this order (patients)
1. Laura
2. Sophie
3. Alex
4. Jake and Amy
5. Paul and Gina


Derek Anderson's deadline to sign before free agency is quickly approaching. From all I've heard, there has been very little progress. The Browns are facing 3 year and 6 year deals and I think we all know that a 6 year deal is a drastic mistake. Having two quarterbacks on the payroll for starting QB money is not the way to build a franchise, especially one that is lacking defensively. That leaves the option of a 3 year deal which to me is just too long to sit Brady Quinn out. I'm really hoping another team makes a big offer at Anderson. I don't think he is worth what he is asking. The offensive line has made him and failing to beat one of the worst secondaries in the league in Cincinnati when it counted most is still lingering. Father/Son combinations can't play catch as well as DA did with the Cincinnati secondary. Also, I believe Quinn will be a very good NFL QB when it is all said and done. He is smart, a hard worker, and there is nothing this team needs.

Is everybody getting ready for March Madness? I don't know how a sport could be so terribly boring 4 months, and then all of a sudden take over the world of every sports fan. All I know is that I'm looking forward to it.



Jay, who finally figured out how to post questions, asked "How will Ralph Nader affect the overall Presidential race?"

I really just don't like this guy. I probably agree with some of his opinions, but if he is promoting an agenda that's Green, he knows he's hurting the Democratic party. I can't remember where I heard this quote, but someone said, if it weren't for Ralph Nader, we would have had the most green President in the history of the USA (Al Gore). I don't see his entry into the race as a positive development for Democrats. Since I believe this race will be very close, it basically means a Democrat will have to gain 1-2% more of a margin to win. I'm interested to see how the Democrats fair in Southern states this election. Howard Dean made it very clear that he believes taking the Democratic message to places where it hasn't been heard is a goal of his as DNC Chair. When I heard him speak at Miami University, he was thrilled to take the battle down South.


The Cavs looked decent tonight, but failed to win after a miraculous shot by Michael Redd. They are sloppy and I expected this for 10 games or so. So far we are 1-1 and I would think it's positive if we go 5-5 here. I don't think the playoffs and the seeds really matter at all. We won't get 1 or 2 and we're going to have to play both Boston and Detroit. The rest of the season is more about Mike Brown finding the rotation, guys playing with each other, and Lebron figuring things out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Garrison, please scissor me!

Anonymous said...

Hello class!


Class says (in unison):

Hello Mrs. Klayman

michaelz6 said...

Ice,

I believe that Laura is the best (after week one), but how can you put Paul and Gina last on your list.

The dialogue between Paul and Gina was maybe the most intense and clever of all the patients.

Whats up with that being last?