Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I JUST HAVE A ROYAL STRAIGHT FLUSH!!!

I played the main event at Caesar's today and busted in level 6 300/600 75 ante. I ran incredibly hot early with AA getting paid off twice and was up to 27k before I could blink from the 10k starting stack. I then lost a JJ vs AQ for a 12k pot against a good online player I know when someone said AQ and AK were dead 5 4 2 3 J flop. Then I lost a 10 10 vs AA against Phil Gordon in a very tough hand that I may consider writing a blog about just on this hand, but I want to talk to some people first about it. We got it all in after the flop of J 9 3, but it's an interesting situation and one that is about as difficult as it gets in tournament poker.

I was down to 7k but fought my way back up to 15k when thsi hand came up. I had a tight image and raised utg with 8 9 of diamonds to 1700. I get 6 callers. That is not a mistake. I have 6 callers. Flop comes Ad Qd Jd. I bet 4900 of my 13k remaining hoping that someone thinks they have fold equity or something. I probably should have just shoved. Guy behind flat calls, another short stack goes all in for 10k. I go all in for 13k and the flat caller says. I CALL I JUST HAVE A ROYAL STRAIGHT FLUSH!!! He shows Kd10d. The other guy shows 5d4d and I'm out of the tournament around 115th of the 334 players. I can't believe this hand and I'm still in shock.

2 comments:

brodaar said...

You can't believe that hand? It's called the RIGGED SWITCH!! ON/OFF;ON/OFF;ON/OFF.

Also, I should probably know this, but what the hell is 'fold equity?' Like you bet too much at the pot to take away the value of a call? Kind of like 'anti- pot odds?'

Anonymous said...

if you woulda raised to 1800, kd10d woulda folded.