Sunday, April 13, 2008

On to the Bellagio 2500 Final Table

I just got home at around 3am after a long day that started at 12pm. I am at my second WPT preliminary event final table and it is probably as strong a final table as you'll find in one of these things. Roy "The Oracle" Winston, J.C. Tran, Darrel "Gigabet" Dicken all have around or over 200k in chips. I'm sitting in probably 7th with about 90k in chips. Blinds start at 3k/6k with a 500 ante. I'm real excited for tomorrow and am writing so all the people I didn't get in touch with today have a clue about tomorrow. I'll be sleeping in as the final table starts at 3pm, so wish me luck (something that has been ambivalently surrounding me in this tournament). By that statement, I mean I've been so card dead for long stretches and then I finally get a huge hand that runs into other big hands and I've been lucky enough to hold on. Today I had QQ vs 77 after a AQ7 flop and then with 10 players left an AA when I was down to about 30k run into 10 10 and 9 9 ( I woke up on the BB with the hand). I have some super loose and aggressive good players to deal with tomorrow, but I can say that I'm completely confident and ready for the challenge. The winner gets around $223,000 with 9th place getting around $8,000. Let's hope I'm near the upper end of that scale.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ice good luck on Sunday, I expect you and Tiger to bring home a win.