Saturday, April 19, 2008

Satellite/Cavs/Poker/how do i reach these kidzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Let's get down to business. I haven't done anything in the blog because I'm running poorly online. I've come to accept downswings online as part of all of this, but it doesn't mean it isn't frustrating.

I played the WPT Main Event Satellite today and lost in the fourth level of blinds. I am beginning to think I might be too tight of a player, but I was card dead today. I picked up 2 hands. 66 and AJ. I usually shy away from hands like this unless I'm really short or really chipped up. I raised with 66 and had to call a short stack shove from a looser player yet he showed up with QQ. From there I blinded for a level and a half. I tried to find spots to steal and couldn't and never picked up anything to get me going. When I was down to about 10 BB a limper for 200 at 100/200 25 ante I shoved right behind him. Another guy called my 24? ish push. The limper reshoved and the other guy folded. He showed AK and I got mad at myself for not being more patient. J in the door, K also blah blah blah.


I'll play a good weekend schedule online and plan on playing the WSOP Circuit events at Caesar's the next two weeks. It is probably better than any time of the year to have a big series of a few weeks. With the WSOP coming up into full force, I need a solid bankroll to be able to play comfortably. I think the best players are always comfortable in the level of tournament they play in. They are prepared to be aggressive and risk a smaller cash for the big prizes up top. That's why the WSOP is so interesting. Almost every player is playing for an amount they have only in their wildest dreams thought about winning. Either way, I'm ready for all of this. A big online win, a big live event final table in 2 events, and just my overall attitude are gearing me up for this. I'm staying humble regardless of my success or failure. It's really a matter of I've been able to do what I want as far as following this talent of mine succeed a little, but always keep dreaming for more.

No comments: