Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Main Event at Caesar's tomorrow

I decided to play a $340 satellite to the main event of the World Series Circuit at Caesar's. To make a long story short, I ended up winning a seat when the top 6 chip stacks gave the 7th place stack $300 each. I brought up the idea of a deal and it worked, so I'm in for $640 + $340 in another satellite. Great value for a tournament of this caliber. The structure is deep and great, so I hope to draw a weaker table and do what I do. If I don't draw a weaker table, it doesn't matter because I'm going to just act as if. (see previous blog if you don't know what this means)

I actually ran awesome in the satellite, but also played great and took advantage of some bubble situations with aggression. I was quickly down to 1300 by the 4th level and shoved with 5 9 of hearts against the BB who called with A10. 5A5 flop 10 on the turn, 8 on river and I doubled up. After that I rushed up to about 10,000 and back down to 4,000 and back up and back down. Finally with 3 tables of 8 left, I pushed for 5200 UTG with 300/600 blinds 75 ante. The button made a tough satellite call with AJ for 60-70% of his stack. I had A10 and spiked a 10 on the turn. After that, it was really no turning back. I made one bad play that I can think of and it was at the final table. With 9 players left, a guy limped for 3000. Now he had limped probably 5 times before this and just folded to any raise. The next guy goes all in for about 21k. I have around 46k and look at 10 10 in the hijack. I think I should have folded, but I decided to call. The other guy who limped now calls. Flop comes J 7 7. Limp caller pushes the rest of his 12-14k in the middle and I call as he shows AK. The other guy shows KK. I win the side pot and a few chips on the hand, but it could have been a disaster. Either way, it probably should have never happened if AK would just raise and KK would reraise. Then it would be an easy fold, but I felt like the guy to my right was starting to pick up on this guy's limp/folds and thus the second shortest guy at the table, he knew he could pick up some chips here. In reality he had KK and I was crushed. It all worked out though and I'll be playing tomorrow.

No comments: