Sunday, December 9, 2007

Weekend

I have been simply immersed in poker and I need a break. Saturday, I did nothing in tournaments, but had a break even day after a couple of good cash game sessions mixed with both PL Omaha and NL Hold em. The Sunday tournaments were bad again. I didn't cash in 8 tournaments I played in and hardly made a splash in any tournament. I'm going to be taking an online break for a while from multi-table tournaments. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong in these things, but I'm determined to figure it out and improve. I plan on playing some smaller live tournaments with my roommates dad who is visiting before heading back to Cleveland on the 14th. I haven't done much at the Bellagio because the buy ins have been larger than I want to spend on one tournament, and there have been a lot of satellites to the main event lately. Since I won't be here for the main event, there is no point to play in a satellite.

I don't really know how to describe poker at the moment. I do, however, feel an urgency to perform because I made this decision to play professionally and as my primary source of income. At the same time, poker is still a high variance game, especially tournaments. When people ask me how I'm doing, if I tell the honest truth, it could look extremely bad for a period of weeks and even months. To some, it may even look like a problem, but I've been through huge upswings and huge downswings throughout my 4 years of playing poker. The downswings and upswings in terms of percentage of my total bankroll have sometimes been dramatic, but I've always long term trended up. When I move to Vegas for 1 month total, it's hard to always report good news, and while I certainly want to always be reporting good news, it's unrealistic to expect this to happen.

I won my fantasy football game by a dominating 38-25 win over my brother's soon to be wife. SEND IT!! The only problem about that is that 38 points is simply embarrassing, but a playoff win is a playoff win meaning that I am in the money in our fantasy football league and probably off to play my brother AKA Brady, Addai, NE Defense.

Go Browns! I'm hoping to go to the game next Sunday against the newly emerged Buffalo Bills, so anyone is going let me know.

No comments: