Monday, December 3, 2007

Really only one good thing this weekend

Congratulations to the Ohio State Buckeyes for their national championship bid. I had a lot of fun watching West Virginia choke as Pittsburgh played out of their mind on defense and West Virginia seemingly panicked in a grand way. I'm really excited for this game with OSU vs LSU. Not only after last year's embarrassing national championship game did I have to hear from all the SEC fans how bad the Big Ten was, but I also started thinking it myself. I really don't want to believe this even though the SEC as a whole conference is full of talented athletes through and through. But Big Ten teams know how to play football. They play solid defense and produce methodically on offense and that's what I expect to see from the Buckeyes in January. A rock solid defense coupled with a few outstanding offensive performances will put the LSU team in it's place. LSU is a very good football team so I'm looking forward to this game.


Other than that Mentor High School football, my alma mater lost in the national championship. Also the Cleveland Browns got robbed on Kellen Winslow's catch of the year (and with the number of big catches he has made this year that is saying a lot). I can't believe that in a league where victories can sometimes mean the difference between millions and millions of dollars for these organizations, officials can't get the calls right.

Poker this weekend was bad. I didn't cash in a single tournament I played in online and I probably played about 15 tournaments. That is a long streak without a single cash. Since Sunday is the biggest day, I cut off Saturday to try to free up my mind and relax, but to no avail. I am planning on playing the Bellagio events this week. The plan is to go in early and buy into the satellites that run before the events and hopefully reduce my buy ins to the event. Big buy ins like this are where big prizes are, but I always have to be careful and not overstretch my bankroll. Tournaments are highly variable and the best way to beat them is to continue to play within your means and build build build. I am mixed on my tournament play this weekend. IN probably half the tournaments I played well, but just ran into some unfortunate situations. The other half I made mistakes. Mistakes that I would usually not make. Sometimes in online poker when you have 4 tournaments going at once, it really takes away how much you value every decision at every point in the tournament. I am looking towards regaining that focus. I know when I'm at my best, great things will happen. I am also recovered from a little sickness that was keeping me down this week and weekend.

Hopefully I'll have a long blog tomorrow late late late into the night.

No comments: