Thursday, December 6, 2007

I run bad

I can't vent in this every single day, but I have really been on the negative side of a whole lot of bad luck in the game of poker lately. For example, yesterday I was fortunate enough to satellite into the 1000 buy in on Pokerstars, which is excellent because it's only 215 to win close to 70,000. One win in this or even second or third is a huge score in online poker. I was playing fine and down to about 2k in chips when I raised with AJ under the gun to get called by the big blind. The flop came down J 10 7. He led out 400 into me, which seemed strange in the first place. I just called thinking that if I jammed in here, I would get called by very few hands that I'm beating except maybe KQ. The turn card was a harmless 6. He moved all in and had me covered. It wasn't even much of a decision because I knew I was ahead and he showed K4. K F*#&ING 4. HOW MANY KINGS ARE LEFT, 3? WHAT IS THAT PERCENTAGE 8% SPANK AND I'M OUT OF THE TOURNAMENT. This type of stuff is becoming standard and in a solid majority of the tournaments I enter I have been crippled or going out in these manners. It is really making me appreciate what I've done in this game prior to today, but enough is enough. I want to succeed and be the best and make the most of all my chances, but I have simply been on the wrong side of it too much. Multi table tournaments are truly some of the greatest swings in the entire world. As long as you can hang in there for long enough, it is bound to turn around. The hardest part is keeping confidence in your abilities and continue to keep your head up. There have been a few bad plays in there lately and one really hurt me in the money of the 50 rebuy on Stars yesterday.


I have stayed away from the Bellagio lately because I can't keep buying into big buy in events and except to stay alive for long. I will take my chances when I am comfortable, but this is how I've always done it in poker. Build slow and take my shots when necessary. I wrote an article for Pocketfives today on this topic and it should be showing up in the next few days.


Other than that, I lifted today with my new routine that my brother taught me. It is basically 12 reps at the highest weight you can do for 10-12 different exercises. I get in and out of the gym in 30 minutes and am as tired as can be. Lumpp and I also played racquetball tonight, which could be the single best one on one athletic game out there.

To continue the run bad theory, I ordered a combo meal at Roberto's Taco Shop. When I opened up my container, I saw no meat for my carne asada. GG Dinner

I won't be playing the main event in the Bellagio Five Diamond WPT event because I'm heading home for my brother's wedding. I'll be in Mentor from 14th to 30th.

No comments: