Wednesday, June 25, 2008

9th in Bellagio tournament

9/180 yesterday at the Bellagio. It was a disappointing ending as I ran incredibly cold at the final two tables and limped into the final table with a short stack. I had 170k with 18 left and came to the final table with barely 60k. I lost a 155k pot with AsJs vs AQ when I raised in mid position and got reshoved for 70k . At that point, giving a guy with an 11-12 big blind stack, I just don't see a way I'm going to fold this hand. Then, I lost another 90k pot with 66 vs AQ when I got to isolate a short stack and get some dead money in to the pot with to no avail. The funny part about this tournament is that I lost a 75k pot with AQ vs Q10 all in preflop to have to come back. I really felt comfortable though with this entire tournament. Aside from running kind of cold near the end, I really felt I played well.

Two key hands that boosted me up. I had 8 4 of hearts on the BB 200/400 blinds with 50 ante. Two limpers came in late position and I checked. AQQ flop, checks around, 8 on turn, I check one guy bets 1100, I call. River is K. He bet 2100 after I checked to him, and I really felt like I just had a great instinctual feeling on having him beat. I called and he mucked his hand.

The other huge hand was when I raised it up in early position with AQ off suit. I had one caller right behind me. With 11k in the pot, the flop came Q98. I bet 6500 and was quickly called. Turn was a J. I checked and he instantly shoved all in. I took no longer than 2.5 seconds to deduce that this was probably a bluff. I made the 25k chip call to see he was crushed with an A9. He had a Pittsburgh Steelers had on, so I'm glad to ship the good karma to the Cleveland Browns. Those were really the key pots. I just played aggressive bubble strategy and had a nice 99 vs QQ cooler suck out for a 55k pot with 21 players left.

No comments: