Friday, June 6, 2008

0/4

1500 shorthanded no limit went terrible. I went in with the mentality that I needed to win every pot and that was a bad idea.

I played the 2500 Stud Hi/Lo/Omaha Hi/Lo 8 or better mixed event and busted in the middle of level 6. I took a 10500 chip stack from the starting chip stack of 5000 into Level 5. My talbe draw kept getting worse all day long. Early on, I didn't recognize anyone but Bryan Devonshire and Shannon Elizabeth. By the time I left, seat 1 was an aggressive player, seat 2 Hoyt Corkins, seat 3 another pretty good player, seat 4 Bryan Devonshire, seat 5 David Sklansky, seat 6 tighter can't take a chip away from him guy seat 8 Nick Schulman. Easy to say that there aren't many slouches in our group. Then I have never been so cold in my entire life. It was scary. I don't think I played a hand of Stud Hi/Lo past 4th street and rarely up to that point. I had three low cards A63 together one time over the course of an hour and 40 minutes. In Omaha, I had AAK3 with spades against Hoyt Corkins AAQ3 after the 4 5 10s Qs and missed my big freeroll of the day. I really think I made one 800 mistake the whole tournament. Other than that, seeing flops for 800 with AAQ2 double suited and having the flop come 5 8 9 all spades (not my suit) 5 8 gets expensive. The WSOP has just gone terribly so far. The structures are all pretty much a joke for the buy in because so many people are playing events. I'm in a disappointed mood right now because nothing has gone right in 4 events. I don't know my next event. It might be No Limit 2500 on Saturday. If not, I probably won't be playing until Tuesday or Wednesday because there are no events I want to play Sunday or Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

knock knock