Friday, January 11, 2008

Winning feels good, 2008 Goals

1/2 NL hold em 1 on 1, heads up, mono y mono has given me a whole lot lately. In addition to a decent bankroll, it has given me a real good sense of reads on people when I'm playing heads up in any situation. I plan to keep on playing this game each day and take shots at tournaments each night when I play online. I think on Saturday I'm headed to Caesars to play a live tournament $320 because I haven't won on a Saturday playing 8 tournaments at a time or doing whatever I do on Saturdays in a long time. The fact is really that tournaments are extremely tough to play and win consistently every day, especially with the large fields on most of the sites. I have really been studying hard though and working on my tournament game because it's where I believe talent shows a lot of profitability. On top of that, it is one of the greatest strategy and complex challenges I can attempt to face. That being said I have some goals for 2008.

I want to put out some goals for 2008 tournaments, so I can go through some progress throughout the year and that I have something to strive for. So here it is:

1. Win 15 multi table tournaments online.
2. Win a 100 Rebuy on Pokerstars.
3. 100 Final tables in multi table tournaments.
4. Live tournament win.
5. WPT prelim event win
6. WSOP event final table
7. 10 Live final tables.
8. Final table Sunday Million on Pokerstars.
9. Win the Sunday Night HORSE tournament on Full Tilt.


On that note, I believe these goals are attainable for me and in a game where luck is an important factor along with skill, I didn't want to set goals like "Win the Main Event of the WSOP" where I have one crack at it and that's it, but this gives me something to strive for in that arena.


I made a final table last night on Pokerstars and took 8th. I made a bad play to get knocked out of the tournament with 88. I had folded nearly every hand at the final table and made the raise from mid position. I was pushed all in by the SB. Tournament life is just so important and I need to realize that. I called and he showed JJ for a disappointing finish. I do feel like I'm playing solid though, but I have had some tough spots that I have made the wrong decision. To be great, the right decision needs to be made in these tough spots.


So there is a poker blog and some real strong goals for this year that I plan to achieve. I'm ready for this new year and my new mentality is really going to prevail.

No comments: