Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Dream

I woke up this morning in shock and confused about what had happened. Here is the dream I had.

I was at the final table of the World Series of Poker main event. The winner was set to win 10 million dollars and I felt pretty confident about my chances. I had John Juanda to my right and everyone else seemed like they had no idea how to play. They ranged in all ages and they were all men. I looked down in a limped pot at 10 11, yeah that's right my card said 11. I have no idea why. There were two players in front of me and the flop came down 9 7 2 with two diamonds. It checked to me at which point the dealer put down the 6 of spades. I said whoa whoa whoa whoa wait. I wanted to bet. They let me do the betting and I fired out 500. The first position guy CHECK RAISED ME. DO YOU BELIEVE THAT? Then the guy behind him called his raise. I decided to push all in at which point a guy behind me not in the hand at all calls instantly and tables 22. I get up and scream "THIS GUY ISN'T EVEN IN THE HAND!!!!!" I call for the floor. The floor guy laughs at me and says, well obviously he is as he has you crushed. I fail to improve. I somehow left the room, but I come back into the room grab my stack of chips and just start throwing them around the room. At that point, I woke up in the nightmare and was startled by it all day. Maybe that is why I didn't play particularly well during the day. I've been staying afloat though because of cash games and a few cashes in tournaments when I've been playing. I do feel like I need a break at some point and maybe I'll take one tomorrow. I just don't know how to take a break when every morning I wake up and can't wait to get into the next tournament. I love the challenge, love the game and want to get better every minute.

3 comments:

michaelz6 said...

LOLOLOLOLOL

Unknown said...

I laughed really hard when I read that. Can't wait to see you do that on TV. Get knocked out and do a classic Iacofano flip out like on the golf course, but instead of flying clubs it is flying chips. By the way I am better than you at golf. If you don't miss read the putt that Klima gave you a perfect read on you beat Ty and I in that scramble.

michaelz6 said...

thats just ice blowing putts