Sunday, January 27, 2008

One of the worst days in poker ever

I'm cutting the day short because if I don't, I will likely be swinging for the fences at the 200/400 NL game. I have not cashed in any of the big no limit hold em tournaments on a Sunday in over a month. I did do well in the HORSE tournament a few weeks ago, but that doesn't count. Sundays have become very costly and the worst day of the week for me by far. It's the same old story every single week and it's the most frustrating thing ever. I once again lost in the money match of the heads up tournament to a guy that played awful and just luckboxed his way to victory. Every single big Sunday tournament I either seem to run QQ or JJ into a higher pair fairly early or a lower pair that hits a set when I have AA or KK. I can't win a race in any single tournament when I get there. I try to be patient and wait for opportunities in the Sunday Million every week, but it just comes to down me running card dead. This is seriously the most I've hated poker in probably the entire existence of time I've played it. I can't keep putting in these Sundays where I get nothing coming out of everything. I know that part of the mess is that I have to be doing something wrong in the larger field events. I don't know what I'm doing, but when you play 15 tournaments in one day and you can't get an ounce of luck and you play bad and you run big hands into big hands, it leads to poker disaster. I have had a great January so far with so many things going well for me and a much higher cash rate than I've had in probably 5 months in tournaments, but when it comes to Sundays, I just can't get it done. Sundays used to be the best day of the week because I would always seem to have something brewing and going deep in these tourneys leads to a ton of fun. It's what most players love doing. I may just be making a huge vent over terrible luck over a day, but I can't keep doing this on Sundays. It's draining my mentality and I don't even want to play for another month after I deal with this frustration. If it wasn't for the HORSE tournament, I would have 0 Sunday cashes. I'm quitting for the day and I won't be at the tables until my head stops spinning and I stop wanted to break my new mouse.

1 comment:

brodaar said...

I don't know, Kev. I've seen you have some nasty sessions at 40/80 back in the good ole' days of Paradise Poker. RIGGED Switch; ON.