Friday, January 4, 2008

Long Break

It has been awhile since my last post for sure and that won't be typical, but a combination of a break from poker, some great trips to both NY for skiing and Chicago for Anna and a mysteriously lousy internet connection kept me down. A lot of cool things have been happening. I had a great holiday season at home and had tons of fun with all my friends that came back into town. Part of being in Vegas with no one around that I have real long term relationships besides my cousin and roommate is extremely tough. Being back home gives me that and it was great. Our annual trip to Peak n Peek was great. The skiing was pretty good for the trip, but everyone goes to play mafia at night anyway. Mafia is probably one of the greatest games in the entire world, but only really works if you have the optimal crowd. For those that do not know how to play it, you should probably learn and go read about it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(game)

Anyway, the game combines luck, skill, reading people, logic, so it's really right up my alley.

After that I had a great trip to Chicago and a great New Year's at a nice place. I had a great time with Anna and the whole crew that was there. I thought the bowl games were fairly terrible on average aside from the Big Ten/SEC match ups. 1-1 and it looks like OSU vs LSU will make it 2-1 Buckeyes. I've heard so much about how the SEC is so dominant over the Big 10 this entire year and frankly I'm sick of it because when the teams play it's always pretty evenly matched in these games.

I'll write more in the coming days as I'm getting back to some poker. I'm trying to figure out my options in the upcoming months. WPT at Borgata and WPT Commerce in LA are both around the same time and it would make sense to go to LA, but I feel like I have a vendetta at Borgata after my 8th place brutal beat finish.

Either way, I feel like I need to be settled here for a little since I have been traveling all around lately.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Who'd ever guess we'd be supporting the same presidential candidates??

Barack or Dr. Paul. Well it looks like we're both onto something.

I haven't ready much of your blog yet, but I feel your pain about being in a far away place where you don't have many long term relationships with people. It's a tough experience for sure. I'm living by myself in a studio apartment up north here in Portland. While my job is decent, my real motive was to move to this city. There were a ton of reason why I liked this city, but at the end of the day, it was pretty crazy of me to just move somewhere with no friends. Oddly enough though, things are working out here in a way that I feel like God wants me to be here right now.

If I ever sell anything at this job maybe I'll jump on flight to warm weather and no rain. You could teach me a little poker and catch up on life.

_kai_
Kevin.Krease

ps. I play a fierce game of mafia. It's surely the best group game ever created.