Saturday, February 7, 2009

Quick LAPC update

My LA adventures can be summarized with hardly any results.

Tourney 1- $545 Shorthanded No Limit

In summary, I folded a straight flush pre-flop when neither player had any business playing their hands the way they did. I lost AQ vs QQ short stack and 99 vs JJ short stack to basically cripple me out of the tourney.

Tourney 2- $545 Stud Hi/Lo and Omaha Hi/Lo mixed

I continuously missed in Stud Hi/Lo, and they hit. I didn't lose any chips in the Omaha portion but played big pot after big pot in Stud. It was the best structure at a live tournament that I've seen for a mixed game.

Tourney 3--$545 No Limit

I went from 4,000 to 15,000 in the first two hours by winning AA vs KK and set over set 99 vs 77. I proceeded to pick up several pots for the next 2-4 hours. I then when into an Iacofano frenzy and eventually was called by a guy who "just wanted to gamble" with the King Ten. I had 99 and lost the elusive race.


Online

Chewy's dog (my friend who I'm staying with) lived up to his owner's nickname and shredded my power cord. We think his dog's masochism is awkward as the cord was plugged into the wall while being chewed up. This likely means he was continuously receiving a 120? volt charge in the mouth.

When I got my new power cord back, I played a bunch of tournaments yesterday. I had a notable 14th place finish in the Stars nightly when I went into a super aggressive and failed to win lots of races with low pairs. I also took 2nd in the first round of a shootout. This is about the same as a bubble in a tournament because the 1st place person moves on and 2nd place gets nothing.


I'm playing the $1k with a rebuy today at the Commerce. Here's hoping that I have to skip the Sunday online tourneys.

No comments: