Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My Sunday Pledge..Everyone Wins

I read a forum thread on Pocketfives on Saturday with a bunch of poker players pledging money to the Haiti disaster. I decided to donate 5% of my total profits at the end of the day before the day began. As it turns out, Sunday was one of my best Sunday's playing in a while. I was patient and cashed in several tournaments including a 5th place in the Full Tilt Sunday $1 Million Guaranteed. At the end of the day, Haiti was looking at $2650 from me.

I'm going to equally divide this between 3 charities, American Red Cross, UNICEF, and Doctors with Borders. I'm glad several people in the poker community pledged part of their biggest day of the week and number one ranked player "Doc Sands" started off the rally with a simple thread in a forum. Hopefully, everyone out there gives a little to help a country that is desperately in need. After reading through some articles and seeing a 200,000 death toll possible with over 1.5 million people homeless, my heart and prayers go out to that nation. At the same time, it's great to see the good come out from people in the world. The world needs more of that good everyday.

No comments: